Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Late Valentine's Day

I had this whole idea of a blog to write about Valentine's day, and as you can see it just didn't happen. I took the time to plan it and when I got home I had to crash. Was a long day and well my allergies seem to be getting the best of me. I took some Benadryl and that stuff just knocks me out. Instead I thought I would show you what I did for my special Valentine.




With the purchase of our new coffee pot this Christmas Eric has taken to drinking coffee in the evenings. He has been using our nice wedding china and I asked him to please stop. Eric asked me what the point in having it if we couldn't use it. I do agree with that, but my issue with it is I don't want any of what we have to get broken since we still don't have a full set. I made a passing comment that it would be cool if I could get him Superman teacups. I searched and searched and I found all kinds of great teacups (I wouldn't mind having) but none of them were Superman. I set out to find something so I could make Eric his Superman teacups. Below is how I made the great Superman teacups and saucers.

 I purchased 2 plain white teacups and saucers. Then I purchased the Plebo 150 glass paints from Michael's. The paints are water soluble and once baked become dishwasher and microwave safe. I also printed out the Superman title and emblem. Though I didn't use the Superman title.


This just happens to be the somewhat finished product. I think they turned out very nicely. I had to pool the colors to get the look I wanted, and I'm not happy with the way some parts dried but over all it's great. I still have to bake the items to set the colors. I'm waiting on the baking part since I had to put such a thick layer of color on. Until then if these come in contact with water it could all just wash off. I don't think I would be very happy with that. 


So this was a pretty inexpensive gift and my honey bunny is in love with them. I think we had a great if somewhat short Valentine's Day.

1 comment: