Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009! Hello 2010!

Thought I would get in with everyone else out in the blogging world and do and end/beginning of the year blog.

I had many accomplishments and disappointments in this last year, and I am waiting on 2010 with baited breath.

So to start with I want to go back over the goals I set for myself in 2009.

1. Learn how to use my new Canon Rebel DSLR. I think I did reasonably well on this. I took a class and in general feel more comfortable with the camera. However I'm not quite there yet, but I know I will be.

2. Keep up with Project 365, and scrapbook it as well. Ok so I didn't do so well with this one. I know there are about 4 months or more I didn't do pics for. Part of that was out of my control so I don't feel so bad. The scrapping part I'm not going to do. I have now found digital scrapping so I might do that at some point, but not anytime soon.


3. Finish scrapping our wedding cards. This I did I finished this around April or May I can't remember. Now I want to put in our Anniversary cards from each other and other people. I haven't started this yet, but I have all of the cards rounded up to begin. I have a few other things to finish before this.

4. Finish scrapping Nichole's summer 06. Not even close that's all I can say.

5. Update this Blog on a regular basis. Ok not so great on this one either, but I'm going to try and do better.


Now on to the coming year.

I have plenty of things I would like to do and most of them have to do with working on me.

I want to be in a better place emotionally and physically. I know this is something I have needed to work on for sometime, but I never quite knew where to begin. While on vacation this last week I have made some decisions with a little help from great people.

1. This year, as a way of reprogramming myself, I'm going to adopt Yeah Dave's strategy for "livin' the moment". Every evening, I'm going to sit with a journal and write down one moment of beauty, one moment of deliciousness and one thing that made me laugh that day. If I can't find something in one of the categories, then by golly I'm going to seek or create it before I go to bed! This is hopefully going to help with all of my negativity.

2. Love myself and be proud of the things I do. I know this is going to be a hard one for me, but I'm going to work on it.

3. Getting in better shape. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and I'm a tad overweight. I don't really worry about my weight but my Dr seems to point it out to me at every appointment. Now I'm starting to feel like crap too and it just needs to change, and that isn't going to happen if I continue on the path I'm on. Guess I am going to become great friends with my Wii in the near future.

4. Work on making all of Project 365 this year and not smashing my trigger finger again :)

5. Get more familiar with my camera I still have a lot to learn.

6. Work on my scrapbooking. I have a ton I need to do.

I know there is a ton of other things I need to do, but these are my long term goals for 2010.

Maybe for 2011 I can think about getting that photography business off the ground.


Here is to a WONDERFUL and HAPPY 2010!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment