Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Wonderful Fall

October 19, 2009 ~ I have seriously cheated on the 365 this week. I didn't really start taking pictures until Saturday this week. Oh well at least I'm putting something up, Right? This is a little stream down at the Will Rogers Rose Garden. I went to get a fall perspective on the gardens.

October 20, 2009 ~ Here is another picture from the Will Rogers Rose Garden

October 21, 2009 ~ Poison Ivy. Holy Cow!!!! I knew we had it, but I didn't know it was this bad. All of those yellow leaves you see it our crop of Poison Ivy. Once this is all dead. The grate will be moved and the bushes will be cut down. Along with those things going out the poison ivy will go with it. Then I am going to put down salt rock so that nothing will grow there. I am not having this stuff come back again.

October 22, 2009~ Here is a nifty pic for your viewing pleasure. These are just a few of the stuffed animals that I just can't seem to part with. The camel Eric brought home for me on his first trip Saudi Arabia. The faceless Kola was one of the last things my Dad gave me before he passed away. This Kola has been though hell and back if you hadn't noticed. His face was eaten of by our golden retriever Sarah. The same Kola won me the egg drop test in 6th grade. The blue mouse was made for me by my Aunt Sharon, and I really do love it. The black and white dog was made for me by my Aunt Nell. The dog did have a Christmas stocking that he fit into, but it has been gone several years. I'm thinking it had seen better days. The little green dog that you can't really see was one on my brother's. I can't remember which one off the top of my head, but I'm sure my mom could tell you. The little pink cat was mine when I was little and at one point played music. The music box doesn't work very well these days but I still love it. Last but not least is my beloved Humpty Dumpty. Now I know this poor thing has certainly seen better days. His eyes are missing, the body is out of shape, and of course his music box doesn't work very well either. Oh and I can't tell you how many times he's had surgery. Even now he has holes that I won't be able to fix. I love these guys.
October 23, 2009 ~ Went out tonight to see Paranormal Activity. Was a great movie. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I'm really gullible I guess when it comes to stuff like that. Oh well I really enjoyed it. The pumpkins in the picture were on the lights hanging over the bar, in the restaurant, in the theater. I like this idea I thought it was very creative.

October 24, 2009 ~ Happy Birthday Mom!!! This is another shot at the rose garden. I couldn't resist taking a shot of the beautiful orange leaves. It's not very often we have beautiful falls like the one we are having this year.

October 25, 2009 ~ Halloween is right around the corner. So I took the weekend to finally get the outside of our house decorated. I got a wild hair and thought I would make a scarecrow this year. We had an old hay bale out in the yard from last summer already so it was a great idea. I also had a pumpkin so I carved that as well. I think it turned out really well.
Hope you liked the pics this week. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment