Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's Happened Again

I haven't truly broadcast this on my Blog yet so I guess now is a good a time as any.

The two pictures below are from a car accident I had on Dec 8, 2000. I was driving on the Bel Isle extension bridge getting ready to take the NW Expressway exit. This was right after the Bel Isle Wal-Mart opened and traffic was terrible. I was cruising down the road and didn't realize cars were backed up onto the highway from the exit's stoplights. I didn't have enough time to get my car stopped due to speed and when I noticed the car wasn't moving. I hit the guy in front of me and I got hit from behind. The pictures below are of my poor 1989 5.0 GT Mustang. Needless to say the accident broke my heart. I truly love that car.



A few weeks back I almost had the same accident all over again while driving my new Honda. Thankfully due to my previous accident I always watch now when I take that exit, but you know not all people do. As I was stopping for traffic I was almost rear ended by the cars behind me not paying attention. I'll tell you it was like deja vu.
After that day I have had the most horrible feeling I was going to have another accident. I really should learn to listen to my instincts because I did have an accident last Friday on Oct 23, 2009. The picture below is the result.


The accident was completely my fault. I pulled out into oncoming traffic thinking the way was clear. What I didn't know was there was a white car I just didn't see. I don't know if it was in a blind spot or if my brain just didn't register it. Now I'm in limbo as to what is going to happen. Finally got the estimate on the cost of repair and it's quite high. I'm worried that it's going to end up as a total loss.
I'm fine by the way. I was a little sore from the seat belt but it's already gone. I don't know about the people in the other car as I have not tried to contact them and I won't. I know that none of the 3 in the other car were wearing their seat belts, and that they all went to the hospital to get checked out. I guess when I get the lawsuit papers I will know what happened. Until then though I don't really care. If you are driving you should always make sure your children are wearing their seat belts.
Please keep me in your thoughts that everything works out. I'm sure it will but every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment