Thursday, July 30, 2009

Peacocks Galore

Sorry this is coming to you so late in the week. I've been being lazy as of late. I had to force myself to sit down and do this tonight. I wanted to be curled up in bed reading a good book. I'm so behind on my reading. My TBR pile just keeps getting higher and higher thanks to other things going on keeping me from my favorite past time.


Well on to the show.



July 20, 2009 ~ This is my fat cat. She loves to go outside, but we can't trust her out there all alone. Leia is not a friendly cat especially when it comes to other cats. She only goes out with supervision. My kitty loves to roll around on the concrete and then go eat the grass.



July 21, 2009 ~ Bet you wondered where my title came from huh. Well here you have it. This is only the beginning it's a Peahen. I'm sure you're telling me right now that I just made that up, but I promise I didn't. Go check it out I learned a lot about this group of poultry this week.


July 22, 2009 ~ I am a KILLER of birds. I feel so awful about this outcome. I found this poor thing floating in my container pond on the front porch. I'm guessing it was trying to get a drink not realizing how deep the water was and then couldn't get out. I feel bad because I have a bird bath that I hardly ever put water in , and on top of this it's been over 100 degrees outside. It's my fault and I truly feel responsible for this poor creatures horrid death. Needless to say since my awful discovery this week I have been keeping water in the bird bath. I hope this doesn't happen again because then I will really feel like a bad person.


July 23, 2009 ~ It's a Peacock. Yep he's awfully pretty. These guys all reside over by my office. Here's the story.... The last few years I've been seeing Peacocks on the side of the road, and sometimes when I drive down the street I can hear their screeching. I finally just asked our resident UPS man where the Peacocks were. I found out that an insurance company has them all over the place. I'm guessing there are about 100 of them in a square mile radius. I have yet to see that many, but you never know and I'm a stranger. I went a few days this week trying to get me some great shots of these guys. I also learned quite a bit about their habits. It's been an interesting week learning about these wonderful birds.


July 24, 2009 ~ It's another Penhen with Peababies. (Now Peababies I'm pretty sure is made up, but it sounds cute.) I had to come back for another day to try and get these little cuties. I didn't get any good shots. Momma was being very good and scooted them off out of danger. Did you know that the plural for them is Peafowl. I didn't know this at all heck I thought they were all Peacocks. Maybe when we have out great big lot of land I can get me some Peafowl. I have come to find them quite interesting, and I also know I'll be spending more time photographing these guys.


July 25, 2009 ~ Finally a shot that isn't Peafowl. LOL! This is an Orangutan. (Thank goodness for the dictionary :P) This isn't the first time I have taken her picture. She always takes wonderful shots. This one though calls to me. There is just something about the look in her eyes that I just love. If you get a chance go to the Great EscApe at the zoo it's a great place to stop and hang out for a time. It's one of my favorite places to spend an hour.


July 26, 2009 ~ I'm cheating today I took this yesterday at the zoo. I loved it a lot and decided that I was going to take today off. It's my take the day off sunflower. Isn't it beautiful?


I know the week is almost over, but I hope you have a Fantastic Friday and a Wonderful Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment