Sunday, August 8, 2010

July Project 365

July 1, 2010 ~ Books I read in June. I didn't think I had read this many with as busy I've been party planning. Here is the proof though.

July 2, 2010 ~ One more frog from the pond. I didn't know I had so many, but I've counted upwards of seven I could see at one time.

July 3, 2010 ~ Baby raccoon my aunt found at her house. I felt so bad for this poor little baby. I don't know what happened to it's parents, but I do know what fate it's sibling had. My aunt found a poor little one just this size out in the field that the hawks had gotten. She thinks that is where this one came from too but was lucky enough to get away. I finally got it trapped on the 4th and found it a home. I took it to a wildlife rehab facility in Noble.

July 4, 2010 ~ I didn't get any cool fireworks pics this year due to the foul rainy weather. I did see this really awesome cake though. Thanks Ashley for bringing such a cool cake.

July 5, 2010 ~ The Redbud is loving all of this rain. It's doing really well this year.

July 6, 2010 ~ Had to break out the hose and water today. I was enjoying finding cool pictures to take. Here is one of them.

July 7, 2010 ~ Wow such a teeny tiny frog. Maybe I did get babies out of all the tadpoles. Found this one in the back yard.


July 8, 2010 ~ It's been such a nice summer so far. I'm not looking forward to the 100 + degree heat. This is the view I have sitting on the back patio.

July 9, 2010 ~ I feel so bad. This is the biggest pillow I can find and it's still too small. I crack up every time I see either of the dogs trying to sleep on it.

July 10, 2010 ~ Happy Anniversary. Eric and I have been married 6 years today. Iron, wood, and candy were the gifts this year. This is the coat of arms I bought to represent the iron. Think it will go great with the dragons.

July 11, 2010 ~ Toad. At least I think it's a toad. We have these guys on our porches eating the bugs almost nightly. This is our built in pest control. Just don't like the dung they leave behind.

July 12, 2010 ~ Woot Woot more babies. We have another set of babies in the bird house this year. The thing is so stuffed with nesting it's literally busting at the seams. Maybe this winter I will take it down and nail it back together. The birds love this house for some reason.

July 13, 2010 ~ Can you believe at Family Dollar they put security tags on $2 sharpies? Crazy I say.



July 14, 2010 ~ Getting ready for the party. This was a test run to see how well the balloon palm trees would work out. I saw this idea at Party Galaxy and they would have done it for me, but at $100 a tree I just couldn't see doing it. So I went and found all of the balloons I needed online and instructions on how to work with balloons. I used some cheap Family Dollar balloons here so I didn't waste any more of the balloons, for the trees, than I had to. I'm pretty happy hopefully the real things turn out as nice.


July 15, 2010 ~ Ohhhh pretty flower. Wish I had one of these trees. I just can't come to terms with buying one for the price just to know it won't winter here and will just die. They sure are beautiful.


July 16, 2010 ~ And it begins. The count down to Sweet Sixteen. Kayleigh doing a good job at making Grandma's truck look good.


July 17, 2010 ~ Party time!! This cake couldn't have been more awesome. Johnson's Bakery did a wonderful job on it. Not only did it look fantastic it tasted just as good as it looked.


July 18, 2010 ~ Happy Sweet Sixteen!!!! Today was the actual birthday, but it's not any fun to have a party on a Sunday so we held the party the day before. We, well I suppose I should say I, was hoping today would be the day we welcomed little Miss Josie to the world as well. I thought it would be pretty cool to have both of my Niece's share a birthday. Didn't happen though as much as I was crossing my fingers and toes.


July 19th, 2010 ~ Well I must say the trees turned out pretty good for someone who has NEVER made anything with balloons. I did six trees with tons of help tying knots and clusters. We worked on trees for 3 hours for the party. I think the next time I get a bright idea to blow up over 400 balloons, air compressor or not, someone had better tell me no. Was tons of work but the end result was fantastic.



July 20th, 2010 ~ Yes, I gave the child a knife. What in the world was I thinking. She has a hard time walking in a straight line on the best of days. Mom came to the rescue though and helped cut and pass out the pig cake. Maybe when she turns 18 she'll have better luck.


July 21, 2010 ~ Aunt Geraldine in here best Luau get up. The outfit really is from Hawaii. I would have picked her to win our Best Dressed competition. Lookin good.


July 22, 2010 ~ The kids all dancing and having fun. The birthday girl looked like she was having a blast.


July 23, 2010 ~ Gah, you just can't take them anywhere huh? RoRo and Pam having just as much fun at the party as all of the teenagers. If you notice Pam is having some of that great pig cake.


July 24, 2010 ~ Well as the party came to an end I was sad it really was only 3 hours. Stupid noise laws had to put a kink in all the plans. I think the kids would have stayed under the twinkling disco lights all night. I was bummed not to get a great picture of the ambiance of the place. Once it got dark is when things really came to life. All in all I was happy with the party and decided to devote this whole week to recapping the party. Plus I needed the break from thinking for a while.



July 25, 2010 ~ Got a new shade of nail polish. Why does it say up to 10 days and on my nails may last 3. I hate having such wimpy finger nails.


July 26, 2010 ~ I'm cheating with this one. Took it the week of the birthday party, but I loved it so much I wanted to share it.


July 27, 2010 ~ Voting day for the primaries. Did you vote? I sure did even though I'm sad to see Brad Henry go. I've liked what he's done with his time in office.



July 28, 2010 ~ I didn't actually take this picture and I'm not sure who did, but it was a great sight to see. Little miss Josie finally decided to grace us with her presence today. She was awfully tiny for being a whole 2 weeks over due. Congratulations to Heather and Ben we can't wait to see her.



July 29th, 2010 ~ This spider made it's web right in the perfect place. Was on our back porch eating all of the nasty bugs for us. I really liked how the light reflected right off of the web. Now why the picture is sideways I have no earthly idea. Blogger doesn't seem to like it in a landscape orientation.


July 30th, 2010 ~ I totally cheating again. I really had fun shooting this spider and loved how the light caught all of the colors in it's body.


July 31st, 2010 ~ Posting this on the last day of the month. Books I read in July. I'm highly surprised I knocked back so many with how busy I've been. I guess sometimes I just don't realize how much I read. Though my wallet sure does feel it because I have to own my books. I do like using the library on some things, but when it comes to the authors I love to read I just have to have them as my own. Then if and when I'm lucky enough I can get them signed. I've thought about getting an e-reader, but I just can't part with the real things. I love the Kindle app on my iPhone, but it just isn't the same as holding a paper book in my hand. What can I say reading the real thing gives me more pleasure than the e-reader, but in a pinch it will work.





Now I'm finally caught up. Hope everyone has enjoyed the marathon picture blogs. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment