Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Carving in the Ozarks

I have been really terrible about getting stuff posted as of late. We took our yearly trip to Eureka Springs, AR a few weekends back. I had a blast as usual. There is just something so quaint about this town. I pretty much love everything about it. Not to mention it was the site of our Honeymoon.



One of the fun things to do on the weekend we are there is the Carving in the Ozarks. It's a competition of sorts. Chainsaw carvers come from all over to participate in this. I don't really know a whole bunch about it. I know there are different carvings done over the weekend, and that proceeds from the auction on Saturday afternoon go to some form of charity. The carvers are also given awards for the best on both days. The awards are what I'm not sure about. I know on the website, which you can find here, they say which award the carvers received. I just don't know if anyone is given actual trophies or plaques. Anyway this is a ton of fun to watch.




I got a great surprise from my Aunt and Uncle on Saturday at the auction. There was this bear that just cracked me up. I really wanted it I found it so funny. It was a big ol bear with a stick for a fishing pole. The fishing pole had a itty bitty green fish on the end. The bear (who we named Baloo) looks so proud of his little bitty catch. I don't know I just really liked it. Well Aunt and Uncle bought the bear for me. I couldn't believe it. I really still can't believe it even though I see it everyday. We have it stored in the garage until we can get it sealed to put out in the yard by the pond. Which will happen once the yard gets it's make over.






No comments:

Post a Comment